01 April 2010

We're not in Google (Kansas ) anymore...

As I briefly perused the web this morning (catching up on news, email, etc.) before preparing to do some work from home, I fully expected to find the news full of laughable stories and April Fool's jokes.

However, I wasn't prepared for today's Google.com homepage! For this day only, Google has changed it's name to Topeka! (For those of you who don't know ~ Topeka is the State Capital of Kansas).

For more on this story...

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/different-kind-of-company-name.html




Although a brilliant April Fool's joke ~ this Kansas gal is not-so-secretly honored. :)

3 comments:

  1. You know I didn't even notice that.

    Have a great Easter

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in and out of Google all morning and didn't see it!!! Ooops!!
    Have a very happy Easter.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. :)

    For those of you in the UK - I found out that it doesn't necessarily show up from the UK. However, my fiance in the UK did find another site to view it on.

    You can see it today on several Kansas news sites... here is one:

    http://cjonline.com/news/local/2010-04-01/google_gag_tickles_topeka

    Have a great Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete