26 January 2011

A bit of 'humour'

I've long thought A would make a fantastic stand-up comedian.  Or at the least, he could be writing material for one.  At the risk of self-deprecating humor (humour) (and too much information), A said something so funny this morning that I couldn't resist sharing.  A bit of backstory first, if you will.

Last night, I was admittedly a bit of a mother hen.  Following a bout of a respiratory virus in which A had lost his voice and suffered some congestion, I became concerned when I perceived that A had seemed to stop breathing while sleeping.   (However, a change of position seemed to remedy this to my satisfaction and it was probably not real cause for alarm). 

Upon relaying this to A this morning, he quipped:

"My wife's gotten so bored with her own illnesses she's started inventing new ones ... for me.  She's a hypochondriac by proxy". 

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant, made me laugh.

    Have a good week.

    Hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it those little moments that are so great, not always the big ones.(but they are good too:) A belated congratulations- I didn't know you had gotten married!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :-) We were married in October so we are newlyweds yet!

    ReplyDelete