04 July 2010

A wonderful surprise!

Last Thursday, just when I was feeling a bit harried with my latest juggling act between work, wedding planning, legalities, preparation for a big move et al, I received a most unexpected phone call from A that changed my focus for the rest of the week.

'Hello from Canada!'.

It took me a moment to realize that I'd heard him correctly. Canada?!

Apparently, A took it upon himself to fly to the States for a week just to surprise me and put a smile on my face... I think I actually squealed! The only caveat was that his plane had to land in Canada for re-fueling due to strong headwinds on the way, so he didn't manage to pull off the total surprise of waiting for me outside my workplace after the day had finished. Still, I picked him up at the airport later that evening and have thoroughly enjoyed this past week having him here.

Although the week ended all too soon, I am feeling far more relaxed about all that has yet to be accomplished. :)


Happy Fourth to those who celebrate!



Missing you already, A...

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh that was nice for you!!!!Sounds like you have been so busy....what a lovely surprise!!
    Karenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great a surprise is that?! How exciting for you and Happy Fourth to you!

    ReplyDelete