16 May 2010

Recap

I'm writing this from somewhere over the Atlantic... riding the skies on an endless Saturday as I go backwards in time... back to Kansas after a wonderful time with A in the UK.

I had the idea that I'd use the long flight time to craft a clever blog or three about the past 2+ weeks. However, I'm finding instead that while my head and heart are filled with images and remembrances, as well as the sting of separation and excited anticipation of next time, I really prefer at the moment to relish in that, and keep things simple. To that end, I think for now I'll merely highlight a few favorites from my recent time abroad. (In no particular order, and certainly not all-inclusive).

1. Clear favorite! ~ time with A.

2. Dinner out with friends in the Lake District.

3. Seeing A's family in Scotland.

4. The election experience and all that entailed.

5. This:




6. Attending the mayor-making (inauguration) ceremony and dinner as A's guest.

7. Meeting, interacting with, dinners with, time spent getting to know A's friends and colleagues.

8. This:




9. Driving lessons (challenges and confidence-building exercises).




10. Realizing that this was my last 'holiday visit' to the UK and that my next journey there would be to settle into life with A (and ALL the to-do lists, preparation, excitement, nerves, and joy that comes with this!).


11. I can't wait...!





3 comments:

  1. Exciting times ahead!!! Glad you enjoyed yourself here!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only know you by e-mails and your blog, but so happy for you. Glad you had a great visit, it's all so exciting right now and will continue to be a fantastic adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed your stay, sounds like you have had lots of adventures!!xxxAnd many more to come!xxx

    ReplyDelete